Meet Your Match!

My photo
A corporate slave who daydreams every second. Loves anything about travel, food and fashion. Celebrated heart-breaker, and a vicious man-eater. Wishes for winning the lottery and helping out the homeless. Lives in a shoebox and eats stress for lunch. Sharp-tongued and sharp-witted. Radioactive. Do not touch without proper clothing.

Thursday, October 06, 2011

Thank you, Steve Jobs!

" Do you want to spend the rest of your life selling sugared water, or do you want a chance to change the world?"
( Steve Jobs to John Sculley, luring him to be Apple's CEO)


Steve Jobs
1955-2011
In the beginning, there was Light.
Then, came Apple. And the rest, they say, is history.


On the streets, people are walking with the iconic white earphones stuck somewhere at the side of their heads. The ubiquitous claim to the newest iPhone model would always mean a never-ending line at your local telecom provider. And some people I know even have to wait for months even if they are already listed just to have their hands on the latest "it" gadget. The iPhone is a much celebrated brand, that to some extent --- pirated versions are already up for grabs in your local tech bazaars.


But for the most part, the biggest Apple innovation of all is the iPad. It literally CHANGED the WORLD.


The revolution of technology is in our hands, thanks to this man.
I cannot say much for the iPhone. I am a self-confessed Blackberry user in terms of handset devices, but what I really loved most among all the Apple products is the iPad.
Lucky me that I was given a free iPad to use in my line of work. Its simple, sleek and friendly interface is a sure win. I can do Facebook, send reports, bid on Ebay and cry over You Tube because of the iPad -- all of these as I drive from one point to another, talking to friends via Viber and closing a client call using an App loaded in the tablet.
The iPad changed the way I looked at a computer. Gone were the days that I had to sign in at Netopia or any netcafes to send a deadly report needed by the deadly boss on that deadly time (how deadly, harhar!) Or spend a hundred or so bucks at a coffee shop just to use their Wifi service... not to mention that the biggest use of it all is the Angry Birds app that keeps my lil munchkin kid to stay in one seat whenever I have to tag him along with me to attend to important "adult" matters. (And how he talks about Angry Birds like, all.the.time.)

I have to give the piece to Steve Jobs for that.


For being an innovator, an agent of change, an inspiration --- we owe whatever technological convenience we enjoy today to Steve Jobs and the people behind Apple.


The boys in the neighborhood of Silicon Valley
Browsing through the Internet earlier this morning, I felt a wave of sadness as the world lost a great man and one of the brightest CEOs the industry has seen. Steve Jobs changed the world's perspective in media, and he opened possibilities and more opportunities for us to move forward and evolve as a society. His legacy will forever remain and will pave the path to future generations of movers and shakers. Thank you, Steve Jobs.


Thank you, Steve Jobs. For opening a lifetime of options through digital and media, you have reached us "regular" guys with your infinite genius --- Apple is well connected at home and makes life easier online.


Thank you, Steve Jobs. My iPod Nano lets me record my running time and PR while I dance away to Party Rock Anthem by LMFAO and stretch to Moves Like Jagger by Maroon 5.


Thank you, Steve Jobs. Your kick ass presentation style inspired me to rock my business presentations, too. As a corporate work horse, I have learned a lot from you --- that i's okay to prank call Starbucks and ask for 4,000 cups of lattes and say it's a wrong number during product launches.


This dude over here does the most kick ass presentation ever.
Thank you, Steve Jobs. Just when I wanted to quit my job as a corporate slave and settle for mediocre, your words of wisdom touched me. When you said to "Follow your heart. Don't settle" I mulled over it long enough to realize that if everybody thinks I am a nobody and I do not reason and think according to standards doesn't mean I am worthless. It just means I am with people who do not share the same vision I have --- The same people who didn't believe in you when you proposed the idea of the iPhone. And look where you are today. 6 feet under, yes... but made a whole lot of difference. 


Thank you, Steve Jobs. Your speech at the Stanford University Commencement Exercise last 2005 struck a chord in me when you said to "Follow your intuition..." Now I decided to follow it and realized what I really wanted to do in life than be a work horse for (insert Company name here): shave sheep wool or squeeze some fat cow's boobs for milk and pick apples in New Zealand.


Thank you, Steve Jobs. My son is officially addicted to the Angry Birds app we downloaded for $4.99 from iTunes App Store in my iPad. Now, he is doing great in school especially in his Kindergarten Science class. He can name all the birds and thinks that all pigs are green, evil and eat golden eggs. I think he's going to be great in Physics someday. He can catapult the birds right on spot with serious mathematical equations calculating trajectory positions ...this, from a 6-year old kid. All because of that sheer material of ingenuity we call the iPad.


Thank you, Steve Jobs. Really.
Words are not enough to express my gratitude to the man who has changed my perspective in life.


The old Apple logo.
"Think different".
The only itsy bitsy unquestionable dissatisfaction I have with Apple is the autocorrect. Why does it have to "automatically type" words from prediction? Such embarrassment when it substitutes words like "pussy" for "position", "dick" for "direct" etc. and it makes its way to emails sent to the boss. 


For that, damn you auto correct! :)


Stay Foolish. Stay Hungry.
- The Whole World Catalogue


No comments:

Post a Comment