Meet Your Match!

My photo
A corporate slave who daydreams every second. Loves anything about travel, food and fashion. Celebrated heart-breaker, and a vicious man-eater. Wishes for winning the lottery and helping out the homeless. Lives in a shoebox and eats stress for lunch. Sharp-tongued and sharp-witted. Radioactive. Do not touch without proper clothing.

Saturday, January 08, 2011

Reminiscing.

Old posts from my old blog.

Filthy rich. Rich with filth.

Grime, mud and slime all greeted me this morning when I again, in my disheartened state, walked through that darkest and filthiest alley to Vicper.

The Vicper sun was unusually hot today, scorching my Bath and Body scrubbed skin. Well, that was yesterday... because I intentionally DID NOT TAKE A BATH THIS MORNING because I was very well ANTICIPATING the endless sweat and dirt that would cling to me like Cling Wrap. Yeah. So what if I didn't take a bath? That was just for one day... I was just trying to be IMMERSED with the people who haven't taken a bath for the past couple of days. CHD2 has taught us to be immersed well with them. So be it.

Today saw the painting of that useless wall facing the useless court of another useless settlement. God, how I'm loving this! I wanted to embrace those useless people and tell them I care for them and I will devote my whole damn life and career to tend for them. Them, the Useless.

The paint was dark green... like that of a chalkboard in school. Very conducive for vandalism, campaign materials and dog's and men's piss. We divided the wall into sections, intentioned for converting them into murals. We even tapped into an artist who have drafted our part of the wall. The other parts, well, they wrote there: We Love Malinao. In bright, alabaster chalk. I wanna die. THAT WAS A MURAL. Very artistic, indeed!

Then here comes this stupid monkey known locally as the Kagawad Vergel (F*ck. I don't care if you quote me here. I'm just stating facts. Sue me. I've got the best lawyers in town working for my uncle's law firm, who happens to be a Senator . Noli me tangere.) and started up a heated discussion with our group leader, Val. The discussion was --- as expected from a stupid primate --- stupid. Turns out he wanted to have a SOLO part of the wall, for purposes of claiming the credits all to himself. Mabuhay si Kagawad Vergel! Itong Proyekto na to ay mula sa pagod, dugo, pawis at pera ni Kagawad Vergel ng Vicper.

The sour-faced bum started yakking like a crazy orangutan that if it weren't because of him, we wouldn't have the materials and the local tambays will not help us with the painting and the labouring. Well, thanks to Ate Elvie, our devoted BHW. She was the one who helped us get the materials like water, etc. and convinced the SK people to do the painting. This, does not give him the right to claim the work all to himself or to his equally stupid allies. People like them only perpetuate the malignant tumor that is behesting that already cancerous area.

Which leads me to a point in here: even though you may have achieved a pwesto in the local government, you will still never hide the fact that you are illiterate, unbred and poor. Clothes do not make a man. Not even employment, fame or power. It's the character of a person that shapes him into what he becomes.

Judging from that place, I can find no suitable form of character in any one of them. All are just wasted on metal scraps and cardboards.

I ended the day going to Fitness First in The Fort to wash off the filthiness that embraced me in that stinking hole that is Vicper. But the warm waters of the gym will never wash away the dismay that have lodged itself in the deepest recesses of my subconscious.

When will this end?

No comments:

Post a Comment